This weekend, we head into a new year. Shortly after that, Easter will come, then we might head into a summer lull, jump into our fall campaign, prepare for Christmas, and do it all over again the next year. It’s easy to get caught up in this rhythm year after year and forget the dream that we once had. Don’t miss an opportunity to recalibrate your thinking this new year.
God has placed a dream inside your heart that is so much bigger than just “getting by” and getting caught up in the rhythm of ministry. Take a step back this week and figure out how you can start working towards that God-dream.
Ministry is hard work . It’s challenging, stretching, and not as pretty as we’d like it to be. It’s a good thing that God didn’t call us do easy things! But in order to do all that God has called us to do, we have to recalibrate our thinking, and we have to do it often. Here are a few ways that you can do that:
1) Do something out of your comfort zone.
2) Unplug from all of your electronics for the day.
3) Mix up your daily and weekly routine.
4) Help someone in a different ministry area. Walk in their shoes for the day.
5) Work away from your normal place for the week.
What is your God-sized dream? Has it gotten buried in the busyness and rhythm of ministry?